Monday 4 March 2013

Fairy Tales

When I was little my mum gave me her old fairy tale book. It had been her mum's too. My granny wanted to pass it down through our family through the girl's side. She used to read me a different story from this book every night before I went to bed like her mum used to do for her. She wants to make it a tradition. I have really fond memories of this. Now when I look at this book it reminds me of my childhood and when she used to read to me. The book is really big with a green cloth cover with all the writing in gold thread. All of the stories are decorated with extravagant and colourful pictures. At the back pages of the book there are pictures that my mum drew in the book when she was little about princes and princesses making her own stories. My favourite story in the book is The Shoemaker and the Elves. I liked this one the most because my mum used to design and make clothes and after reading this to me she would describe all of the things she used to make and tell me funny stories about her job. I can't wait to do the same for my own daughter someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment